By Sade Mehdizadeh
For me I feel like its not technology that creates a lack of attention span, I think that there are more issues that creates a lack of attention span among children. This is an issue that should be focusing more on the problem. Whenever I hear teachers complaining and blaming certain students for not having the attention span to sit during class, I just have to ask, have the teachers ever thought they may be responsible for causing kids lack of focus things other than technology that makes a child lose their attention span. I believe that not getting enough sleep, parents who aren’t involved in their child’s life, or not eating right, or not getting enough exercise causes this problem. A lot of teachers throughout primary school were old, boring, burnt out, and hated their jobs. Well of course the kids wont sit there and listen. Teachers need to come up with a more exciting and fun way to learn. I feel like a lot of the time kids can’t sit through classes without being squirmy because they are kids! That’s what they do! Kids don’t get enough of a break throughout their school day to run around outside on the playground and get a chance to rest their minds. One of the new methods of learning that is fun for children, are computer-learning games for children. Which is great because when I watch children playing on computers they become so fascinated and focused in whatever they are doing.
(Read the opposing argument)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was awesome!!! i really enjoyed reading both articles and learning from both perspectives on technology, however i belive that technology is helpful and useful if its for learning. i belive that there are many forms of learnig , it should all just be balanced.
Post a Comment